Feed and fold material, insert it, and seal the envelope: The FPi 4500 is the new profes-sional inserting solution for mid-range mail volumes. Automatically finishes your docu-ments as letters in C6, C6/5 or C5 envelopes and stacks them neatly.
Add supplements like reply cards, flyers or return envelopes with ease. You can also use the folding function to produce brochures without inserting.
Powerful: The FPi 4500 can handle up to 3,600 letters/hour and is the optimal system for mailing up to 40,000 letters per month. Compact in size and quiet in operation, the FPi 4500 fits into every office environment.
Versatile: The new FPi 4500 inserting system is available in two base models to perfectly meet your individual inserting needs. The FPi 4520 comes with two feeder stations, including an upper station configured as a high-capacity unit (HC) for processing larger volumes of mail. The FPi 4530 is delivered with three stations.
- Fill&start: The Fill & Start function makes oper-ation child’s play. Simply select the desired function and let the system automatically measure envelope and document size, make the necessary settings, and begin the job.
- Real sheet control: Inserter monitoring system phys – ically measures the thickness of fed material to detect double-fed docu – ments more reliably than optical monitoring systems. The function can be turned off for the entire machine or for selected stations.
- Ten in one: The powerful yet quiet folding mech-anism is capable of simultaneously folding up to 10 sheets of paper (single fold) or 8 sheets in Z- or C-folds.
- Innovative Color Touchscreen: All machine functions can be easily and intuitively controlled with the interactive graphic display screen
- Multi-Functional Feeding Stations: The innovative design of the FPi 4500 can be configured with two or three automatic feeder stations to perfectly meet your document inserting needs. Each station is multi-functional and can handle a variety of document formats.
- Daily-Mail Function: A manual feed chute facilitates optimal processing of miscellaneous daily mail: feed document sets of up to 10 sheets, loose or stapled, by hand.
- Multiple-Sheet Feed: Each station can feed, fold and insert up to 8 sheets per envelope – control with a job preset or optical marks reading (OMR).
- Feeder Swap: For uninterrupted operation, use two feeders to double loading capacity when handling single-sheet documents (with or without supplements). When one feeder is empty, the machine automatically switches to the second while you reload the first with more material.
|Capacity – Feeder Stations|
|Automatic station (80 g/m2)||325|
|HC-Automatic station for increased capacity (80 g/m2)||725|
|Special automatic station (80 g/m2)||325|
|Maxifeeder||325 reply envelopes/1,200 A5 supplements|
|Envelopes (C6, C6/5, C5)||325|
|High-capacity envelope vertical stacker (HCVS)|
|Max. height (mm)||300|
|With C5/6 + 1 A4, 80 g/m2 (triple-fold)||up to 375 envelopes|
|up to 375 envelopes||up to 500 envelopes|
|Single fold (A4, 80 g/m2)||up to 10 sheets|
|Triple fold (A4, 80 g/m2)||up to 8 sheets|
|Document set thickness|
|Folded documents and supplements||up to 2.5 mm|
|Paper quality||60–250 g/m2|
|Thickness of a single sheet||up to 1 mm (using special automatic station)|
|Thickness of a set||up to 2.5 mm|
|Configuration: 3 stations + standard catch tray|
|Length x height x depth (mm)||1,300 x 725 x 454|
|Configuration: 3 stations + vertical stacker|
|Length x height x depth (mm)||1,360 x 770 x 454|
|Operation with vertical envelope stacker||67dB(A)|